Creating spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel is a basic requirement in many jobs nowadays. MS Word is also a classic program that’s widely used.
It’s no wonder the presence of Microsoft office is a big factor when choosing a new laptop!
Whatever your feelings on Microsoft office, it’s a useful suite of programs. Here are the best laptops with Microsoft office, both pre-installed or available as a bundle.
The 10 Best Laptops With Microsoft Office Installed
I’ll be giving a detailed review of every laptop on this list!
1) Best Overall: Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- 1oth-gen Intel Core i7
- 16GB of RAM
- 1TB of storage space
It’s no surprise that a Microsoft Surface laptop is at the top of this list. Who else makes laptops great for running MS office but the makers themselves?
This isn’t just a laptop with Microsoft Office installed; It’s more like a desktop computer crammed into a tiny package.
Except for the price, the Surface Pro is almost a perfect laptop. It’s a thin touch screen, comes with Microsoft Surface pen input, and has a USB type C port for faster charging.
Thanks to its hefty specs, this laptop will also handle video editing. Don’t expect to run through 4K videos, but it’ll do just fine if you make 1080p videos.
Plus, carrying it around won’t give you back problems in the future! This thin and light laptop clocks in at only 1.7lbs. You can pick up a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 here.
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so...
- Faster than Surface Pro 6, with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor – redefining...
- More ways to connect, with both USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to...
- It has both USB-A and USB-C ports for better connectivity
- Incredible all-day battery life and fast-charging
- Some users report serious overheating issues
- Some users report a shorter battery life
2) Best Value: Asus Vivobook Flip 14
- Snappy and responsive touch screen
- 10th-gen Intel core i5 processor
- 14-inch Full HD screen
At a more affordable price than the Microsoft Surface above comes the Vivobook Flip 14! The quad-core chip on this Asus laptop will make your user experience nice and smooth.
A little unique compared to the other laptops here, this device has AMD Radeon graphics inside.
This means this laptop can handle graphical tasks slightly better than an Intel UHD graphics-equipped laptop. A nice bonus, but not essential for office work.
To better complement its graphical output, Asus has shrunken the bezels for this laptop. There’s more screen to enjoy in this small package.
Unfortunately, this laptop is slightly lacking in the durability department. Its deck may be too flexy for some users, even for a touchscreen. You can pick up the Vivobook Flip 14 here.
- Color: Star Grey
- Display: 14.0" Full HD 16:9 (1920 x 1080); 250nits; Glare; NTSC: 45%; Wide View
- Processor: Intel Core i5-10210U Processor 1.6 GHz (6M Cache, up to 4.2 GHz)
- Excellent selection of USB ports
- The aluminum body gives a premium look
- The display is rather dim
- 1 stick of RAM is soldered onto the motherboard
3) Best Budget: HP Stream 14
- Intel Celeron N4000 processor
- 14-inch HD display
- It comes with a 1-year subscription to Microsoft Office 365
The HP Stream 14 is a testament to the flexibility of cheap laptops, with a stripped-down copy of the Windows operating system and 128GB of system memory.
It’s helpful to think of this as more of a basic laptop. Don’t expect amazing features or a top-of-the-line graphics card from this model.
This laptop will be good for light school work and basic multitasking, but not much else. Don’t expect to run more than the lightest games on this laptop.
One slight issue with this laptop is the Windows 11 S mode. If you’re unfamiliar, this pre-loaded operating system is designed to provide a better battery life.
Fortunately, you can easily disable S mode and give your laptop a regular OS. You can pick up an HP Stream 14 here.
- ✔【Processor】 Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4120 processor, dual-core, 1.1 GHz base...
- ✔【Memory】 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM Storage: 64 GB eMMC + 128GB ADATA microSDXC...
- ✔【Display】 14-inch diagonal HD SVA bright view WLED-backlit display (1366...
- Excellent battery life
- Very affordable price
- It runs Windows 11 in S mode
- Provided RAM is lacking
4) Acer Aspire 5 Slim
- 15.6 inch Full HD IPS display
- 8th-gen Intel Core i5 processor
- Fingerprint sensor for additional security
This laptop from Acer is affordable, which is par for the course for Acer laptops. But don’t be fooled by the price.
The Acer Aspire 5’s specs will be more than enough to handle Microsoft Word! That’s thanks to its quad-core i5 processor and 8GB of RAM.
If you need to give a presentation on your laptop, the Aspire comes with an HDMI port. The Acer Aspire 5 Slim packs good connectivity in a small frame.
This laptop also boasts all-day battery life so you can leave your charger in your bag!
There’s a slight catch: For this laptop’s features and attractive price, it’s packed with bloatware and has a particularly wobbly chassis. You can pick up an Aspire 5 Slim here.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8265U Processor (Upto 3.9 gram Hz) | 8 GB DDR4...
- 15.6 Inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display | Intel UHD...
- 1 - USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port, 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports (one with Power-off...
- Good selection of USB ports
- The Webcam comes with facial recognition
- Magnetic lock makes laptop difficult to open
- The touchpad is both flexible and lacking in sensitivity
5) Acer Aspire 5 A5
- Fingerprint reader for additional security
- 15.6-inch Full HD display
- 10th-gen Intel i7 processor
This Acer Aspire leans more towards the pricier side than the previous Aspire 5 Slim, but it’s still a classic Aspire 5 with chunky bezels.
This Aspire makes no bones about it: It’s a mid-range laptop with 8GB of RAM and an i7 Intel Core processor inside.
Its storage has been upgraded as well. With a 512GB SSD, it will load your Excel spreadsheets and Word files quickly.
This internals will be enough to run Microsoft Office and a few other programs too! Don’t burden the Aspire by trying to stream videos and do lots of work simultaneously.
Unfortunately, Acer’s design hasn’t kept up with the times, which dates the Aspire. The IPS display is still dominated by a double chin and heavy brow on the top and bottom.
You can pick up the Acer Aspire 5 here.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor (Up to 3.9GHz)| 8GB DDR4 Memory |...
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS Display | Intel Iris Plus...
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader |...
- Upgradeable up to 32GB of RAM
- Battery life is enough for a full day
- Wide bezels hold back the screen
- It heats up under anything more than a few programs
6) Microsoft Surface Laptop Go
- 10th-gen Intel Core i5 processor
- 720p Webcam
- 8GB RAM
You can think of the Surface Laptop Go as the more affordable cousin of the Surface Pro 7 from above. This laptop is simple, clean, and good at what it does.
And what it does is help you be more productive and get your tasks done faster! It may not be a 2-in-1 convertible laptop, but the Go is still trim and has a stylish touchscreen.
This laptop runs on a proven quad-core processor, which means it’s more than fast enough for basic tasks and the necessities of Microsoft Office.
It also comes with 256GB of storage space and 8GB of RAM, so your laptop will be fine if you open multiple programs simultaneously. Plus, the display is 3:2, so you’ll be able to see more on your display.
However, some users have reported their model’s fans kicking in at full strength at times. Pack some headphones for your video calls!
You can pick up a Laptop Go here here.
- Sleek design and standout value. At just 2.44 lbs, it’s light, portable, and...
- Be productive, browse, and binge watch on the 12.4” PixelSense touchscreen...
- Convenient security with Windows Hello sign-in, plus Fingerprint Power Button...
- Sleek and light daily driver
- HD 1536×1024 display resolution
- It runs on the Windows 10 S OS
- The keyboard isn’t backlit
7) HP 14 Inch HD
- 14-inch WLED screen
- Excellent selection of USB ports
- Good viewing angles
This light laptop is a godsend if you intend to use your laptop for light web browsing and other leisure tasks. It can also play some light games if you want to relax after work.
Plus, it has UHD graphics, a small step above Intel HD graphics. A laptop will need to be DX9-capable to run Office, so you can be sure that this laptop is more than capable of running Office.
The HP 14-inch HD comes in varying configurations and can be bumped to an 8th-gen Intel Core i3 model. This laptop, in particular, has an Intel Celeron N4000 processor.
Unfortunately, the HP 14-inch HD is lacking in storage space. 64GB isn’t enough for more than the basics, so I suggest you upgrade its storage or get an external drive.
If you dislike the currently-installed OS on this device, you can quickly swap it out for the regular version of Win 10.
You can pick up an HP 14-inch HD here here.
- 【 14" HD LED Display】Display: 14" HD (1366x768) diagonal HD, SVA,...
- 【 Intel Celeron N4000 Dual-Core Processor 】Equipped With The Intel Celeron...
- 【4GB DDR4 RAM + 64 GB eMMC Storage】 4GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM Memory; Hard drive:...
- A compact profile makes it easier to carry
- Bright 1080p quality screen
- Storage capacity is lacking
- Lacks an ethernet port
8) Lenovo Ideapad 3
- Intel UHD graphics 605
- 15.6-inch Full HD display
- It comes with a 1-year subscription to MS Office 365
The Lenovo Ideapad 3 is a decent-sized laptop with Microsoft office. This laptop also comes pre-installed with a full Windows operating system version.
Similar to some of the smaller touchscreen laptops previously mentioned, the Ideapad 3 is a no-nonsense laptop perfect for studying or office work.
Thanks to this laptop’s Intel Pentium Silver processor, you can expect both work and watching movies to be a breeze. The provided 4GB of RAM is lacking but not a glaring issue.
Prepare to face this laptop head-on because its viewing angles are slightly narrow. It’s got a 16:9 aspect ratio which is still acceptable, but hopefully, Lenovo will make a 16:10 version soon.
The Ideapad 3 has most ports you’ll ever need but is missing an ethernet port. Stay close to the router with this laptop!
You can pick up a Lenovo Ideapad 3 here.
- 【Memory & Storage】Memory is 4GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple...
- 【Processor】Intel Pentium Silver N5030 1.10GHz Quad-Core Processor (4MB...
- 【Screen】 15.6" diagonal Micro-edge Full HD (1920 x 1080) Non-touch Display
- The chassis is made of tough plastic
- Light for a 15.6-inch laptop
- Components are generally weaker than their competitors
- The screen is a little dim
9) Asus Vivobook
- 1-year subscription to Microsoft Office 365
- Intel UHD graphics
- 8th-gen Intel Core i3 processor
This Vivobook is one of Asus’ more modest offerings, but it provides good utility for its price. The L203MA is the right size for school work and can also handle a movie night.
With its 11.6-inch screen and 64GB of memory, this laptop is like a larger tablet. However, it’s not a touchscreen device.
Despite not being a convertible, the L203MA can be stretched back completely flat, which is ideal if you need to compare your work to someone across a table.
If you need more storage on your laptop, there is also an SD card reader in this Vivobook. It offers decent connectivity, but I would have preferred having more ports.
It comes in Win 10 S mode, but you can easily upgrade it to Win 10 Pro without hassle. The L203MA is an extremely portable laptop with enough grunt for light tasks and Microsoft Office.
You can pick up a Vivobook L203MA here.
- Efficient Intel Celeron N4000 Processor (4M Cache, up to 2.6 GHz)
- 11.6” HD (1366 x 768) Display with HD webcam
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or...
- The flexible hinge bends 180 degrees back
- Can be upgraded to Win 10 Pro quickly
- Stock storage and RAM are lacking
- Battery life is less than acceptable
10) Lenovo IdeaPad S340
- 15.6-inch LED screen
- Backlit keyboard
- 8th-gen Intel Core i3 processor
Rounding out our selection is another Lenovo laptop! The S340 is similar to the L203MA above in that it’s very flexible.
Flexible enough to be laid completely flat against your desk, increasing its potential viewing angles! Unfortunately, this device’s viewing angles are fairly poor, so this may not be a good idea.
As is typical for Lenovo laptops, the S340 has a full-keyboard with a number pad. This laptop is ideal if you expect to do lots of calculations on your laptop.
You can also expect working at night to be a smooth operation thanks to the 2 levels of backlighting available on this laptop’s keyboard!
Of course, working at night will be a challenge because of this laptop’s poor brightness. 227 nits aren’t even close to enough nowadays.
You can pick up an Ideapad S340 here.
- Powerful and Smart - The IdeaPad S340 is powered by the 8th Gen Intel Core...
- Visual and Auditory Enjoyment - The IdeaPad S340 brings your audio experience...
- Fit You the Most - If you're looking for powerful Intel processing in a 15"...
- Storage is upgradeable
- Approachable price
- The maximum brightness is too dim
- Poor battery life
Learn more about getting the best laptop deals (with Microsoft Office) here!
Do Laptops Already Come With Microsoft Office?
Most laptops already come with a trial version of Microsoft Office pre-installed. However, be wary of your new laptop!
Many retailers include “Microsoft office on the web,” a free version of Office 365, the online-subscription-based version of Microsoft office.
To use this Microsoft Office version, you’ll need to create and set up a Microsoft account first. That’s fine if you’re always connected to the internet, but what happens when your connection goes down?
Some people (like me) always want easy access to their Microsoft Office applications even when they’re offline.
If you’re like me, you’ll need a laptop with Microsoft Office installed fresh out of the box.
Which Version of Microsoft Office Do I Need?
One fairly confusing thing about Microsoft Office is its many names over the years: Microsoft Office, Office 365, Office, etc. Here’s a brief breakdown of the many versions:
- Microsoft 365 Personal
- Microsoft 365 Family
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft Office Home & Student 2021
The 4 “365” options come with standard apps for Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, Outlook, and Teams.
Before picking up a full Microsoft Office bundle, check which programs you’ll most likely need for your school and office work. Excel sheets won’t be relevant if you only plan on writing.
If you’ve picked up your first laptop in a long time, then any of these options will be ideal.
Why Is My Laptop Running in Windows 10/11 S Mode?
Microsoft has released a version of their OS that only includes the essentials. This version of their OS is designed to make your laptop speedier, provide better security, and extend the battery life.
Unfortunately, it also limits the apps you can install to those found on the Microsoft store. While apps from the MS store are generally safe, there’s simply less choice on the platform.
While this is more secure for users, several useful apps like 7zip are unavailable on the MS store, so the lack of choice is an issue.
How Do I Activate The Real Win 10?
While the better battery life is a nice bonus, not being able to access the wealth of apps available for download is too much for some people.
First, remember that this switch is irreversible but free. Here’s how to unlock your laptop’s full potential!
- Turn your laptop on, and select “Settings,” “Update and Security,” then “Activation.”
- You’ll see a section labeled either “Switch to Win 10 Home” or “Switch to Win 10 Pro.” Find and click the button labeled “Go to the Store.”
- Once at the store, you’ll see a page labeled “Switch out of S mode.” Click the “Get” button, and you’re done! Enjoy your full copy of Win 10!
Is It Essential to Get a Laptop With Microsoft Office?
If you can work fine without the Microsoft suite of programs, then you don’t have to buy a laptop with Microsoft Office installed.
If you get a laptop that doesn’t come with Microsoft Office out of the box, you can always install a free trial of Microsoft Office 365 on it after purchase.
If you like the trial, you can buy a permanent license to let you use MS Office for life.
This license will be usable across your future laptops as long as you can remember your Microsoft account details.
Is Windows 10/11 Bundled With Microsoft Office?
Unfortunately, even if your laptop runs a Windows OS, it won’t have MS Office. A word processor like Word isn’t essential on a standard OS.
However, most laptops will come with a free trial for Microsoft 365, which is subscription-based instead of the one-time purchase you might be used to.
What Are the System Requirements for MS Office?
Like your favorite games, Microsoft Office will need a minimum amount of processing grunt to run on your laptop.
Not to worry, though, because these programs are streamlined to work on low-end laptops. Here’s what you’ll need:
- OS: Windows Server 2016/2019, 8.1, 10 or 11
- Display: 1280×768 display resolution
- Storage: 4GB of disk space
- Memory: 4GB of RAM or 2GB if on a 32-bit system
- CPU: A dual-core or greater processor that can reach 1.6GHz or higher
- Graphics: DirectX9 or higher
- Browser: Either Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox
Which Laptop Is Best for Office Work?
You can likely get by with the Google Suite of programs if you only intend light word processing.
However, more involved office work will likely require you to use Microsoft Word and the other programs included in the Microsoft Office bundle.
The best laptop for Microsoft office is the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Titanium Yoga, which is not featured on this list.
It’s perfect for typing on Microsoft Word thanks to its comfortable keyboard, but the price of this laptop matches its features.
This means it’s a little too pricey for the school work that Microsoft office usually requires.
Here are the best laptops with Microsoft office installed on this list!
Best Budget: HP Stream 14
The HP Stream 14 is the most budget-friendly option here, proving that you don’t have to break the bank for world-class connectivity.
It doesn’t pack too much storage initially, but the SD card reader will allow you to expand your Stream 14’s potential!
Best Value: Asus Asus Vivobook Flip 14
This touchscreen laptop packs an Intel Core i5 chip and AMD integrated graphics. If you intend to do some (very light) graphical work, the Vivobook Flip 14 is your laptop.
Strong enough to run Microsoft office and play a few games on the side, the Vivobook 14 is a clamshell-shaped acrobat!
Best Overall: Microsoft Surface Pro 7
The best laptop for Microsoft office has to be the Microsoft Surface Pro 7. This Microsoft Surface laptop isn’t just a touch screen; It also sports a powerful webcam!
Microsoft offers this device with an Intel Core i5 chip inside if you don’t need that much power in your laptop.
All the laptops I’ve featured here are fairly flexible. You can use them for either writing articles or kicking back after a long day of work.
I’ve also looked for generally budget-friendly laptops so you won’t have to break the bank on your MS Office device.
Remember that if your laptop doesn’t initially have a copy of MS Office, you can always try out the free trial and eventually upgrade to a permanent license!